Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Whiff of Creativity




With only 3 days into this new year, I am already feeling a whiff of creativity in my bones. Yes, most of it could be the chilly air sending a chill up my spine, but the atmosphere is definitely creative. All of the traveling is done for the holidays (thank god) and my mind is fresh. Why is it that a new calendar year can feel so fresh and new? 

Tonight my film buddy, Andrew, is coming over to talk about a project that has been brewin' in this head of mine. Over the holidays, I was able to sit back and ponder life and nature. The past year of 2008 brought travel, new experiences, friendships, and hard work. I'm not sure if I can put into words my experiences from New York, but it has sparked a new found creativity that I need to tap into this year. This evening all of those ideas will be thrown onto the table with a pen in hand and lots of wine drinking. I haven't fully recovered from the New Years party I attended, but what the heck, bring on more wine please!

Chicago brings cold weather and lots and lots of nasty snow. However, this only symbolizes the rough terrane I know must be crossed in order to produce a wonderful performance approaching in the spring. Funding is the scariest task for me, but with a gallery space already set for the show, I feel that is the least of my worries. 

I am jumping around, but I have not written down my thoughts in quite a while. I just cannot imagine a life without creativity. There is never enough support in this city for small projects, especially in dance. However, I feel that this could change rather quickly. Maybe I am just doing this for my own sanity, but I firmly believe that this city needs more collaborative projects and I am set on doing that THIS year.

Let's see what this year brings...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I say, just put it out there like a child who rushes home from school to show the day's artwork to their mother. Let me know if I can do anything to help you... even if it's just coffee talk!