Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wrigleyville Dushbags



So, I've been living in Wrigleyville now for let's see... 3 weeks now. I knew it would be a great place to watch annoying Cubs fans and make fun of them. However, my hilarious imitations of them has now just turned to frustration. Let me give you an example:

Today the weather was gorgeous and a nice east wind was blowing in from Lake Michigan. Coffee in hand, I decided to open the large windows in the apartment to breathe some fresh air. Suddenly, I hear "Uh, uh, I wanna dance on ya, dance on ya... yeah!" I looked out my large window and over onto the deck across the way from me. Two dushbags were standing with two other dushbags singing to a song about gettin' up on someone. They stood drinking their Miller Lites and smoking cigarettes. My first reaction was to yell out the window and chuck anything I could find at them. However, I refrained and turned my NPR up even louder. Now, NPR may seem a little boring to some folks, but to me it's being informed on what's going on in the world. Of course, the most boring of all topics that no one (especially myself) does not want to hear, "...if you own a credit card you must pay off all of your debt because the credit card companies are not happy." The radio echoed out into the deck area and blended with "Uh, uh, yeah!" They didn't seem to notice.
I couldn't take it anymore so I went outside. "Hey! No one wants to hear that crap!" I yelled over their disgusting songs. I got quite a mixed reaction. One dude put out his smoke and went inside. Another just stared and smiled. The last remaining duschbags hung around and said sorry.

Wow, the termoil I must endure to get some peace around these parts. I guess I am now 90 year old lady next door who blares info about credit card debt. Oh well, what can I say I'm an old soul I guess.

2 comments:

Rachel Burton said...

Wrigleyville is fun to wander around for the afternoon, but you're brave to live there! I don't think I'd have the stamina...

Lauren said...

Welcome (back) to Chicago! As a fellow coffee junkie, I love the blog :). Good luck dealing with the Cubs fans...