Thursday, July 10, 2008

A can of tuna and a bag of potato chips

The title of this was my dinner tonight.

 As I sit here at my desk I am pondering the human race. Where are we headed? All of the magazines are screaming "JAMIE LYNN HAS BABY!" Do I really care? Secretly, yes. I was wondering when she was going to POP that thing out. That poor family... caught up in pleasing society and battling with the media, all the while in the midst of all these babies! I thought my life was getting complicated! At least I'm not one of the Spears children, having children. We as a society MUST know what is going on in the lives of celebrities over our own. 
ENOUGH OF THAT.

Another thought on the human race these days is that we are a bunch of needy little children. That seems to be the theme here, children. I was at the laudrymat taking care of business when this woman calls out, "Help! Help! I'm scared!" The man working the shift at the mat that day ran over to see what was the matter. As he approached the woman sorting through her clothes, he asks her what the problem is. "I.. I.. I'm not sure if I should add my colors in with the whites!" Are you serious?! You can't figure this out on your own? Why I just throw them all in together, but if you want to get technical, just wash the whites separately! The man gave her a little advice and walked away shaking his head, and walked back over to that which was more important. I would understand if a child was confused or needed help and was a little frightened that he might mess up his clothes, but a grown woman? 
I don't want to get into the topic of living child-like, because I believe that one should have a child-like spirit and live life to its fullest and with curiosity. However, what happened to common sense? Is our society so lazy that we are lacking in the most basic fundamentals of life?
More dumb human moments would be...

*When ordering  a latte: I called your drink and noted to you that I placed only 1 packet of sugar in the drink for you, but you wanted 2. Just go put it in there yourself if this happens.
*If you are unsure about something, its ok to ask questions. However, if I give you an answer you don't want to hear, please don't throw a fit!
*So I go to the store and I'm looking at cough medicine in the sick isle and you walk up and decide you need some too. Don't stand directly in front of me so that you are blocking my view.PAY ATTENTION TO PEOPLE AROUND YOU! The only reason that you are standing there is because you know that I need some! Then, you proceed to cough on me. Thanks.
*You are new to the city and you are lost. OK. Don't just stand there in the MIDDLE of the sidewalk and look around! Pull over and then get your BIG ANNOYING map out. (this goes for the city dwellers as well. If you see someone coming toward you, pick which side to walk on!)
*Airports. Lovely places, and I HATE to wait in them. I don't really mind so much if I am left alone and I have a nice coffee and a good book. Then I can just people watch and be in my own bubble. As I sit there I realize that no one knows how to act in an airport! Everyone is confused or lost. It can't be more simple, Gate: C2 Flight: New York Time: 12:45pm.  What more could you ask for? Your day and where you need to be is spelled out for you and the gates are generally close together. Everyone walks in to one another and looks like zombies. Most of the time there are those Hawiian shirts involved: They button up in the front with the palm trees and come in various bright colors.
One more... (I could go on forever though)
*If you don't want foam on your latte, please specify! I am not a mind reader, how am I supposed to know what you like and don't like unless you tell me?

No comments: